ChauKlet

Remove Close-Quarters from the Server's map pool

So it's come to my attention that a lot of players really hate the map closequarters.. and they are very vocal about it, so I decided to make a sort-of user vote/tally to show/see how many people dont want to play the map on a daily (quite frequent) basis.

The map is heavily restricting to play, results in a handful of RDMs almost every time we play it, and players that get T camp the room for far too long which pretty much gives them full reign of the map.

If you agree that closequarters should be removed from the map-pool, simply reply or upvote this thread and maybe some magic will happen for us ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

Please remove this shitty map, it honestly has no place for CSGO TTT.

• Downvote 4

Um, this is like everyone's favorite map. Hell no.

• Upvote 3

From the time I've played TTT, closequarters has always been a fan favorite. Maybe 2 or 3 people that you played with disliked it, but it's overall a good map.

I have split feelings towards this map. On one hand I know it’s popular and almost everyone enjoys it. But on the other hand I agree that it’s an annoying map, especially when people continuously camp the Traitor room without pursuing any innocent players.

• Upvote 1

remove t room then it's the best map. damon makes gay ass t rooms and they ruin all his maps

2 hours ago, Blank said:

remove t room then it's the best map. damon makes gay ass t rooms and they ruin all his maps

This is a really ambitious idea, but hear me out.

You know @RvFk_? He is the guy who created ttt_mcvillage (one of the maps I suggested to be added), is a really active TTT player, and a pretty cool guy. Now, since Magma jumped ship, maybe RVFK could take up the mantle of map creator for DEFY. Yes, I know this sounds crazy and really stupid, but to be honest, this could go for a lot of maps.
In this post I put a bunch of maps that I dislike/think have a lot of problems (and I might make a revision of this post later). A lot of TTT and JB maps need some work, but to stay more on topic, mostly TTT maps. Now, with this idea, RVFK could maybe fix ttt_closequarters to either remove the T-room entirely or find a compromise with it.

There are too many people who like this map for us to just remove it, but I do firmly agree the T-room is it's biggest issue. This sounds kinda crazy, I know. If we could actually fix our problems by actually fixing them instead of just removing them, then more people could actually like this map.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Dark said:

-snip-

let's just hope that he doesn't become one of those mappers that join and do nothing except promote their maps after completion 

I am in favor of keeping the map itself, The map overall is great however the main T room is a massive issue as camping has become extremely rampant. Other then that the map is fine and I enjoy it. 

An interesting idea for the maps is to make the windows a one time use. It isn't see through unless you hit a button and then it only lasts for maybe 10-15 seconds and then cant be used again. Presto it's not that good anymore, and easy to call a camp since there isn't much to do in there except heal and maybe trap someone. I love the map, but it attracts some... younger folk who enjoy the 130 decibel screaming...

first of all i would like to say someone who s member application haven’t even been accepted shouldn’t be able to recommend things, but i personally love close quarters and think that it should stay in the game, and he only reason that it’s played so much is because people like it, so your point saying the community do not enjoy the map is invalid 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Carnage  as  someone  who was  salty enough to get people to downvote my  app because I called you out for being a dbag, you dont really  hold say on this post

ummm that’s funny ask incite and bowie i didn’t tell either to downvote your post, they did it becuase as you prove by calling me a dbag(again) your not a good person, i just think that people who have downvoted by two admins i might add, should not be able to make suggestions to better our server when it would be better if you weren’t on it

All the VIPs spawn in AWPs and sit in T room; It's not fun, not only because you get sniped from T room but also because it makes the rounds longer.

• Upvote 1

Carnage sorry I cant lick admin balls and threaten any new players I get the chance to all day, unlike you I'm not a pretentious prick and want people to  ENJOY themselves when they come on

I may have my own inner demons that come out at times, but I don't make new players feel uncomfortable by constanly telling them they're doing things wrong to get yourself out of KOS' 

:/

Getting back on topic, I personally have never been a huge fan of closequarters. I've always felt it was just too confined, had way too many corners, and honestly I can't really put how I don't like it. I'm just not a fan of it. I understand that other people like it, I simply will never vote for this map because I don't like it. If there's something with the map that is a problem (like the T-rooms from what everyone has previously stasted) then perhaps modify/remove them? I like the idea that Assassin suggested, having the glass only transparent for 10-15 seconds. Alternatively the t-room could simply be removed.

I'm also not a fan of the room where it fills up with t-trap room where it fills with water and kills you (not sure where/what it's called). I honestly don't think it's fair and is simply annoying. Just my opinion on it though, anyone else's thoughts?

Additionally, saying your opinion and then not providing reasoning, or attacking someone personally or their status, isn't really productive nor constructive. I don't want to be a parent or anything (especially since I literally just joined), but please avoid being toxic on the forums.

17 hours ago, ChauKlet said:

Carnage sorry I cant lick admin balls and threaten any new players I get the chance to all day, unlike you I'm not a pretentious prick and want people to  ENJOY themselves when they come on

I may have my own inner demons that come out at times, but I don't make new players feel uncomfortable by constanly telling them they're doing things wrong to get yourself out of KOS' 

:/

Woah, chill man.