Josh

Updating TTT Rules

Posted (edited)

It is important to keep the rules as updated as possible as it is the groundwork that supports any individual on the server who wants to have a fun RDM free day. Many of us in the community (admins and members alike) try to point out flaws as we see them, and I think we all do a fairly decent job. With that being said, here are some clarifications that I would like to be addressed in the rules and I would like to ask anyone who has been playing recently to add onto this list as they see fit. I have tried to look through the rules as much as possible before entering these to make sure I am not being redundant. Thank you.

• Associating with a traitor. Is this only applicable when the individual is KOSed? What if someone next to me is shooting at another person and I do nothing?
  • High Sus. There is a huge debate every time someone becomes "high sussed" and it seems to end in someone saying something to the affect of, "Well, I guess I'm just going to high sus people and kill everyone at 2:00." According to the rules, there isnt really anything concrete about what high sus means. I think that we all understand it, but it should be put into words a bit better for us to fall back on when defending our rule book.
  • Verbal T baiting. I would just like it to be said somewhere that verbal t baiting is not kosable. 
  • The Jihad bomb (I can't remember if that's what it is called. It goes lalallala before the boom). Can I kill someone right in front of me that starts making this noise? If so, I would like having this stated in the rules. 
  • Camping in T room. As is stand right now, the t room can be camped in many times because it states under general rules, "Traitors who stay in a T-Room and are trying to kill innocents in sight are not camping." I think that this rule should be changed to be 30-45 seconds in t room period. This is especially harmful on maps that have 1 way wall like close quarters. The T room can potentially be camped in the entire round. This rule should also be under ttt and not general rules, as many people probably don't dig that far into the rules to see TTT specific rules.
  • Hearing someone die in the room next to me. I know there was a post made about this and it was clear up in the post, I would just like to see that transferred to the rules.
Edited by Josh
  • Upvote 6

As far as I know, most of these are allowed like T Association and KOS off of Jihad. You are definitely allowed to kill anyone who does the Jihad sound before they blow up, but this should be stated in the rules. I see T Association used a lot, as I do myself, and I've never seen anyone get punished for this. If someone is KOSed and is blatantly a T but there is someone by him who is not killing him, 8 of out 10 times they are their T buddy (or 2 out of 10 times they are just one of those oblivious idiots who plays TTT with earplugs and a blindfold, this is common). The hi-suses are perfectly fine in the rules, but it's just that almost everyone abuses these and they are almost always false. Like people call hi-suses on others just because they can or just because someone looked at them funny and it's kinda ridiculous. They hi-sus explanation is perfectly fine but the real problem is that there is little to no false hi-sus enforcement at the moment and this loophole is abused by so many people to the point where hi-sus has lost its meaning. Usually when I hi-sus someone, I immediately state my valid reason, and that usually exposes a possible T and they have a hard time trying to talk themselves out of a situation that they can't get out of, as by this point their Innocent act is starting to become less and less believable. With the "hearing someone die in a room" thing, there's a couple ways I deal with this. Firstly, if I a) know 2 people are in a room, b) hear one of their mic's cut out or hearing shots, c) see one walk out, and d) go in to ID a body, then I will KOS as I have more than enough sufficient evidence to do so. And if I see someone walk in a room, then see them walk out, then I go into ID a body, I will KOS. In TTT, you can never be too careful and I'm sure you definitely know this by now as I know you to be one of the rare, smart players. Almost always I will be able to KOS someone without seeing them kill someone directly as I will already have the sufficient 3 pieces of evidence to do so. Most commonly its 1) hear shots from a gun and finding a used, dropped gun on the ground, 2) actively avoiding detective or being distant in general, and 3) come from areas where many people were shot. But by this point there will usually be more incriminating evidence to KOS. This explanation might be a little convoluted, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at here. And yes, I agree some of these should be better explained in the rules.  

These are great clarifications that I agree, need to be made. Players that have played here for a long time sort of just know these sort of things, but newer players might not have any idea and not know what they're doing is wrong. So yes, we will have to clarify some of these things for sure. This is a great suggestion that is presented very clearly.

14 hours ago, Josh said:

• Camping in T room. As is stand right now, the t room can be camped in many times because it states under general rules, "Traitors who stay in a T-Room and are trying to kill innocents in sight are not camping." I think that this rule should be changed to be 30-45 seconds in t room period. This is especially harmful on maps that have 1 way wall like close quarters. The T room can potentially be camped in the entire round. This rule should also be under ttt and not general rules, as many people probably don't dig that far into the rules to see TTT specific rules..

This is a huge pain in the ass on any map with a T room, but most frustrating on closequarters since it's the easiest to get into and play offensively. Most noobs will just sit and try to use ARs through the glass.

14 hours ago, Josh said:

• High Sus. There is a huge debate every time someone becomes "high sussed" and it seems to end in someone saying something to the affect of, "Well, I guess I'm just going to high sus people and kill everyone at 2:00." According to the rules, there isnt really anything concrete about what high sus means. I think that we all understand it, but it should be put into words a bit better for us to fall back on when defending our rule book.

Should definitely be clarified that Suspicion can be called for anything, but High Suspicion requires actual justification (ie Player normally talkative is quiet and suddenly appears by themselves).

14 hours ago, Josh said:
  • The Jihad bomb (I can't remember if that's what it is called. It goes lalallala before the boom). Can I kill someone right in front of me that starts making this noise? If so, I would like having this stated in the rules. 

This should be a given regardless of written rules. Jihads can only be used by Traitors, so the excuse that "it's killing off sound" is bullshit. If you're alone with someone and they beep when the jihad is armed, obviously they're a traitor and you can kill them.

14 hours ago, Josh said:

• Verbal T baiting. I would just like it to be said somewhere that verbal t baiting is not kosable. 

This should be made punishable by the same rules as baiting (since they technically are). It could also be karma manipulation, as anyone using the bad info will lose karma for killing an innocent.

I want to add here for Overtime rules:

It needs to be clarified that during overtime, you can kill Suspicious players, but only for acts performed during Overtime. Players are confused with the wording and think it means that a player acting suspicious in Play Time can be killed in Overtime.

We need to straighten the rules on Suspicions. There shouldn't be a difference between Suspicious and High Sus, as that complicates rules. They should mean the same thing, and can only be called through real, in-game reasons, such as being missing or using a similar weapon used to killed someone, and not just because someone wants to say it. It would also decrease spam.

Good post, we have made some changes to the rules already. (https://defyclan.com/hub/rules/csgo-rules/

On 1/4/2019 at 9:26 PM, Josh said:

Associating with a traitor. Is this only applicable when the individual is KOSed? What if someone next to me is shooting at another person and I do nothing?

It can be applicable even when they are not kosed it depends on the situation. If Frank is shooting at Jack and I saw Frank take the first shot, then I would likely call a kos/kill Frank depending on how he reacts after killing Jack. Then I would ask why you did nothing? I would also likely call sus on you at the very least.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:26 PM, Josh said:

Hearing someone die in the room next to me. I know there was a post made about this and it was clear up in the post, I would just like to see that transferred to the rules.

Which post are you talking about? I'm not sure if this needs to be added to the rules or explanation section. Hearing death in a room nearby can result in many different outcomes/situations. Like what if someone in that room was being shot by a traitor and he killed the traitor? Are you just gonna go into the room and kill the last guy standing? Are you going to wait to see if he identifies the body? What if more than one player is in the room? Are you going to kill both of them? What about if you hear gun shots going off as you turn a corner only to find one player alive? Do you A. Just shoot them without waiting to see what they do or B. See what they do and then take appropriate action.

Can you please elaborate as to what you think needs to be transferred to the rules or explanation section? Like should we add something like Logic/Common sense can be used when killing players.

• Upvote 1