Trace

Favorite and/or Least Favorite Rap Artist

I'm not a rap fanatic, but I still listen too it, but mainly sing song rappers. My personal favorite is Gucci Mane, mostly because 1. He's from sweet home Alabama 2. His smooth-ass voice is orgasmic 3. He's been around for so long that you can keep discovering his music, and not just listen to 1 or 2 hits. But don't get me started on Kodak Black, how he got so popular blows my shit. His music just makes me cringe.

Posted (edited)

I misread the topic so I'm rewriting, sorry.

Favourites

~~~~~~~

- Lil Peep: Songs have meaning and have really solid instrumentals. Favourite Song

- Yung Gravy: He's just fun to listen to. Favourite Song

- Ryan Caraveo: Songs are deep but he keeps it light, he's also SO slept on. Only like 84K YouTube subs and most listened song is only at 5 million. Love this guy. Favourite Song

- Tom Macdonald: SO Slept on, guy touches on great topics with amazing lyricism. Gets like no views and so much shit for his looks and that he's white. Used to dislike him, now I just think he's a genius. Favourite Song (Less Serious) // Favourite Song (Most Real)

- Jake Hill: Touches on darker topics and can cover almost every genre. Also has an alter-ego named "Lil Pinecone" that's pretty neat. Hype Rap // Chill & Singy rap // Lil Pinecone // Deep Rap // "Metalcore" // Technometal // Country // Singing  (Dude legit does it all, So underrated.)

- Lil Dicky: Was listening to him before "Freaky Friday" but guy is funny and really experimental. Has some deeper songs and some memey ones. 10 Minute Song // Him Actually Rapping // Deeper Song // Freestyles are Fire

- KYLE: Another person who's just fun to listen to, also doesn't drown himself out with autotune. Favourite Song 1 // Favourite Song 2

- Oliver Tree: Another REALLY slept on artist who is weird as fuck but has a good vibe and instrumental to pair. Favourite Song 1 // Favourite Song 2 (It's continuing to grow on me)

- Andre3000 & OutKast: I have such a softspot for him and his music videos are just fun. Plus Big Boi was pretty fire. They have so many good songs, so I'll just drop this one.

- Tupac: Do I even need to say anything? I grew up listening to him and the intro to California Love with the auto-tune is just immediately iconic. Favourite Song 1 // Favourite Song 2

- Kanye West: Dude has stayed relevant since I was born, has some fire songs and puts out what he wants to. Mad respect, even if some stuff is trash or weird. Favourite Song 1 // Old Kanye is so good wth. // Fire New Shit Too

- $uicideboy$: Everyone either doesn't know them or hates them, but I love them personally. Dark lyrics, absolutely great instrumentals all produced by $crim. (One of the rappers) and just goes hard as fuck. Favourite Song 1 // Favourite Song 2 // Favourite Song 3

- Scarlxrd: Last but not least, Scarlxrd. He's Dark, His technique is great, and has helped me deal with stuff I've had going on before. He's just fire and good for venting. Favourite Song 1 // Favourite Song 2 // Favourite Song 3 

[Honourable Mentions: Childish Gambino, Tyler the Creator, Josh A, Guccihighwaters, Lund, Anyone who's been with Gorillaz, Ghostemane, Lil Tracy,]

Very Disliked

~~~~~~~

- Cardi B: She's just Nicki Minaj V2, All her songs sound the same and her voice is just.. No thanks. Reference

- Drake: Used to listen to him until it was NOTHING people played, especially with him putting out songs that TikTok LOVES to abuse so everyone listens to them. Just WAY too overrated and overplayed. This song is good though // This one isn't bad either.

- Machine Gun Kelly: He's just another copy paste rapper that tried to start beef to throw his name out there. Just not a big fan of him and his instrumentals are boring. Reference

- Migos: Thought they were speaking in another language at first, then I just realized they can't speak. I don't like mumble rappers personally, that's me though. Also the adlibs are just.. what. Reference

- Lil Yachty: When he isn't using autotune, his raps are just kinda.. copy paste. He doesn't stand out beside the fact he sounds like 14. Reference

- Lil Jon: Crunk has died out, and all he does is yell ad libs and such, although I did find a song with him and the Kool-Aid man. Kool-Aid Man? // I feel bad for the epileptic.

- Kid Buu: I love DragonBall, but what the fuck lmao. Too much auto-tune, sounds like he's 9 years old and his lyrics have the depth of a kiddie pool. Reference

- Icy Narco: He's so bad, but lowkey I love his fashion sense. I love techwear so as much as I hate his music, I still watch his videos because he has some cool ass fits. Reference

- Juice WRLD: Some of his new stuff is kinda growing on me, but I just can't stand Lucid Dreams or any of his early EPs. At least he has his own sound, which I respect a lot. Reference

- Ski Mask the Slumpgod: I used to fuck with XXXTentacion back in like 2016 when he was putting out hard stuff, but what even is this guy. I just can't stand him. Reference

I know this is a long and unneeded response but music is something I'm very passionate about so I couldn't just pick 1, 2, or even 3 of either category. Of course this is all my opinion so don't get offended if you just so happen to be a #1 Kid Buu fan.

Edited by Felix
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

why the fuck is felix the best forum user. like how long did that reply take

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My favorites are Yung Gravy and Eminem and I hate any rapper that says n word in songs 

14 minutes ago, num3rical said:

My favorites are Yung Gravy and Eminem and I hate any rapper that says n word in songs 

lol why?

56 minutes ago, Blank said:

lol why?

Its a bad word that no person of European descendence should utter.

1 hour ago, num3rical said:

Its a bad word that no person of European descendence should utter.

wb African decent 

13 hours ago, Puncake said:

like how long did that reply take

The wonders of OCD.

My favorite rappers are probably in no particular order are-

Token

Chris Webby

Samsa

HASEEB

URBVN ARCHITECTS NYC

Saba

Hobo Johnson

Yung Gravy

Rich Brian

Flatbrush Zombies

Edited by Niall_Ferguson

My favorite rap artists are...

// XXXTENTACION //

// scarlxrd //

// Chief Keef //

// Joji //

// Night Lovell //

// Rich Brian //

//Jake Hill & Josh A //

// $UICIDEBOY$ //

// DBangz //

// Billy Marchiafava //

// Kamiyada //

// None Like Joshua //

// Lund //

// Demxntia //

In the Middle...

|| Ski Mask the Slump God ||

|| Kendick Lamar ||

My least-favorite rap artists are...

\\ 21 Savage \\

\\ Lillian Pumpernickel (Lil Pump) \\

\\ Lil Xan \\

\\ Danielle Brigolli \\

\\ Kanye West \\

\\ Drake \\

\\ 6IX9INE \\

\\ Post Malone \\

\\ Nicki Minaj \\

\\ Ricegum (EW) \\

\\ Lil Dicky \\

\\ Lil Skies \\

\\ Eminem (I know a lotta people like him, but I can't listen to his music) \\

\\ Juice WLRD \\

Personally, I do not enjoy the genre of rap... There are a few instances that would be an exception but in general, I feel that most rap, (unless it's old school because fuckin old school I mean cmon) is just slang, sex-talk, swearing at every other word, or simply just "uh, uh, eh, ah." If I had to chose it would be Eminem.

Now, if we were to talk about REAL music, *cough*cough* Classic Rock, then I would have an answer for ya.