Dark

KOS off of Assosiation

Question

I always see people KOSing off of association on TTT, which is basically killing Ts for acting docile toward other Ts who are KOS. I have know idea where this came from and everyone including some admins say that this is a thing. But I looked everywhere on the rules and nowhere does it say that you are able to kill off of association. So, is this allowed or not? Because this is not a real rule.

• Upvote 3

8 answers to this question

The idea of KOS off of Association is, in theory, a good idea, there just needs to be guidelines to how this can and will be implemented because at this point it is being abused. There have been a number of times where I have had no insight into what is right and wrong with this and we really need to add or update the rule. 

• Upvote 2

Lol kinda started with me. Whenever I see like two Ts strolling side by side and one shoots at me and I kill him and then other guy doesnt look or even waiver from the guy next to him shooting me. It's like super suspicious lol. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of kos off of association, and I think it should say, "If you are in the vicinity of someone who is shooting at others/kosed, then you are associating with that person if you are not killing them." Just my two cents. I definitely don't enjoy rules that are being enforced not being in the rule book. I know that I don't punish for association and I didn't know it wasn't in the rule book until now. This whole, "Someone said it on the forums once." needs to stop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

I like the idea of kos off of association, and I think it should say, "If you are in the vicinity of someone who is shooting at others/kosed, then you are associating with that person if you are not killing them." Just my two cents. I definitely don't enjoy rules that are being enforced not being in the rule book. I know that I don't punish for association and I didn't know it wasn't in the rule book until now. This whole, "Someone said it on the forums once." needs to stop.

as a victim to this, I also say it is a good idea, but WE DO NEED GUIDELINES AND not to shoot people right off of the bat because they were near someone when something bad happened,

• Thanks 1

I feel like there should be guidelines.

There have been so many situations where 2 people open fire and I don't do anything because I don't know who initiated or why they're firing so I just lay back and wait for the aftermath, but someone KOS's me for not shooting. Since I didn't see the initiation or reasoning, there's no way I could've known who the T was so I probably would've ended up killing an innocent. That seems like good reasoning for not firing, but a lot of people push association too far and will still kill even with a valid reason like that.

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2019 at 8:07 PM, Felix said:

I feel like there should be guidelines.

There have been so many situations where 2 people open fire and I don't do anything because I don't know who initiated or why they're firing so I just lay back and wait for the aftermath, but someone KOS's me for not shooting. Since I didn't see the initiation or reasoning, there's no way I could've known who the T was so I probably would've ended up killing an innocent. That seems like good reasoning for not firing, but a lot of people push association too far and will still kill even with a valid reason like that.

Situations like this happen waaay too much. People shooting, I don't see who initiated, you have 2 options really: Shoot whoever's shooting the most, hope they're the T, or let it all happen, then get killed off of association. If we can solidify some guidelines I feel like it would be a good rule, but as there is nothing of substance at the moment, it's better to leave the rule alone as a whole.

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, XenoGenesis said:

Lol kinda started with me. Whenever I see like two Ts strolling side by side and one shoots at me and I kill him and then other guy doesnt look or even waiver from the guy next to him shooting me. It's like super suspicious lol. 

I also do the same. It’s very situational and it sort of just pops in your head that the other guy must be a Traitor too.

• Like 1