Felix

The origins of Defy names.

I was reading Pinky's post and thought it was interesting to see where people got their names from, especially with some of the more interesting names you see on the server I thought this would be an interesting subject.

So the Origin of this name is kinda long and most people won't care. If you just want to know the main reason, it's after this trap character from an anime called Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu. (Click this if you want to be gay.)

Long version:

1. My first name ever online was Epicwaddles, I was like 11 when I had gotten to play on my first computer and I was a big fan of Gravity Falls at the time. Being 11 of course it had to start with the word Epic and there was this pig named Waddles in the show. Thus the name was born.

2. Fast forward to being 12, I got into playing this MMO-RPG game called Ever Quest 2 along side World of Warcraft and I couldn't think of a character name. I ended up hitting randomize until I found the name Itashe and just ran with it.  (When I created my steam acc under the same name.)

3. Fast forward some more, I was tired of having boring names or "kiddie" names after turning 13 and wanted something E D G Y. I went to this YouTubers video on how to make a good YouTube name because I wanted to become a YouTuber (Like every 13 y/o) and came up with the name Ryze.

4. Name eventually evolved into RyzeUp for some reason, and then Ryath before I eventually phased it out.

5. I had been playing Team Fortress 2 since I was 11 and some guy had this Spray of Link from LoZ in pink with the text "fabulous" over it. I don't know why but with me being 14 I was so obsessed with this, but my name evolved into FabulousLink(TM) for a while. (Original gif)

6. Turned 15, went full edge mode and went with the name Lucid for about a year. (My staff application for my old server.)

7. I was into anime my whole life and pretty much grew up around it, so a few years previous I had watched Re:Zero and a bit after turning 16 I changed my name to Felix Argyle. This was soon reduced to just Felix, still rocking the whole trap profile art and stuff. (Staff Application from this period.)

8. By my 17th birthday Felix was the name I was using on everything and I adopted it as a name I used on pretty much everything I do. I don't plan on ever really changing it as it's kinda become such a part of my identity now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My first ever IGN was EpicDOGE1234 on Roblox lol

Just now, Flyte said:

My first ever IGN was EpicDOGE1234 on Roblox lol

Should've kept it, that name is fuckin fire dude.

Just now, Felix said:

Should've kept it, that name is fuckin fire dude.

Not gonna lie, it was a chick magnet.

Just now, Flyte said:

Not gonna lie, it was a chick magnet.

When you said that, it reminded me of this amazing video.

My first username was 4tml which was my name shortened, then it was Tlocke which was my name shortened, then it was trace.locke which is my name not shortened, and finally it was Trace, which is my name shortened.

Edited by Dark

My old name was 5555554x. That was a pretty shit name so I was thinking of a new name and I was also reading the novel 'The Acent of Money' by Niall Ferguson so one thing came another and I changed my name to Niall Ferguson.

@Dark Oh damn, I joined in December so I never saw that lmao.

my name used to be ninja i would add random things to it like stattrack ninja with the trademark thing it was pretty cringe. 

• Like 1

My name is very very hard to get. It comes from this unheard of game called Assassin's Creed. But really, I am a huge AC fan and I have, to date, owned and finished every game so far. My name used to be for other things Ilovemesometaccos, because at the time of making my first account I was craving tacos so I put that in and it worked... (yes the name has 2 C's fuck off). Then when that became too long I made it Ilovetaccos, still 2 C's. And by about age 15, I realized I have every Assassin's Creed (at that time) and I named myself Assassin and have kept it for the last 3 years. 

• Like 1

I had an old name before but I decided to change it because it was kind of lame and everyone pronounced it wrong, so I wanted to pick something that sounded nice and was pretty unique and didn't have my real name in it. So I picked num3r1c4l because I like math. But nobody could read it so I changed it to num3rical. Now everyone pronounces that wrong too (noomericle, numthreeical, numberical) but whatever I still like it.

• Like 1

My name is Josh Gordon so what I did was take off the Gordon (for anonymity of course) and what we have left is just Josh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My name is Devan. Real wild and original over here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My first name was MrShotgun757. I honestly couldn't tell you the thought process behind the name, but that was it. I got my current name after thinking long and hard for the perfect name, when all of a sudden it came to me, I would just use my real name. It was pretty genius if you ask me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zach said:

I would just use my real name.

Who actually does that smh, that's level 11 gay.

• Haha 1

I really dont remember my first name, I was like 7 years old, I don't know, I used to play Age of empires and I use Lord Andru For that game Becouse my first nameis Andres .
After that I saw this vikings game called Rune (it's a very good old school adventure rpg game, u should check it out guys) and I think I started using Ragnar as my main characters name on every game, even on WOW when it was out.
After that and when I joing Steam 12 or 13 years ago I start using Diferent name, like Ragnar again, Ragnarok, Imk or Imkereiem that is my last name on German using Google translator XD, a few years with just Andy and sniperwolf (the streamer and youtuber didnt exist in that time )cuz my fav animal is the wolf, cannis lupus, lonewolf...
A few years ago I started using "Shin Sekai as my final name, it means like "new world" on Romaji Japanese, and it was becouse I was a fan of an anime called Sword art online, and I get in contact with the project vr of total inmersion that was going to be realesed on japan with the help of occulus and another Vr systems, (it was just fake to lunch a bad vr game) and I was starting my university life on Psichology and neurosciences and thinking like a little boy to make progress on the total inmersion project etc. that was my "shin sekai" name roots for my big dream that is not coming real.
and Now I use Hannibal cuz is my favorite fictional person in the world, idk that he eats pple, and his psicopatic shit cuz he was a fucking boss on psychiatric treatments and psicological shit.

• Like 1

I used to use my moms old username for games which was Megera28  which derived from a greek god of envey or something like that. I changed that to different names that I’d seen youtubers use. But when i found these servers i had no real name that others called my online apart from my real name. So I thought well my friend whose name is seven wouldnt be bad because one it was my favorite number and two if i were named what i am i would like to be named seven. So thats the orgin 

I played competitve Minecraft and when I was making a name I came up with EnderXXX which became EnderX to Ender

On 1/28/2019 at 5:46 PM, Felix said:

Who actually does that smh, that's level 11 gay.

Yeah people that use first names are level 11 gay big faxxx

My name started as "Question Mark" as it was a reference to me never having changed my Steam profile pic so it has remained the default question mark. This was quickly changed to "A Rather Festive Question Mark" due to it being the holiday season. It was mainly inspired by the "Rather Festive Tree" hat in TF2. After Christmas season ended I decided to keep the "Rather _____ Question Mark" formula and that's where it's remained with my name changing depending on holidays or other events.
A Rather Strange
A Rather Spooky
A Rather Festive
A Rather Silly
A Rather Lucky
etc.

1. My first name was "Dragonborn305" because I played Skyrim at that age and my lucky number was 3 and I was born in 2005.
2. My Second name was "mr.3nd3rman05" because I played Minecraft when I got my Xbox 360 when I was 7, and I liked the Endermen in the game.
3. My next name was "Jhaz" because I played TF2 on a jailbreak server and there was a guy named "Chaz" and we got friendly, and I changed my name and he never got on again after.
4. My next name was "Connor" because that's my real name.

5. My next name was "A Canadian Husky" which is because I play on this DarkRP server and there was a real furry named "A Russian Husky" and we were friends and I changed my name, and he never gave a shit. He never got on after.

6. My final name is "Rubyy" because it's not that it is my gemstone (it isn't), it's because I liked the color and the name sounds cool.

❤️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1