Felix

Adding sound-abuse to the rules.

I never thought I would have to ask for a rule like this to be added, but some named players have started a 'server-wide' problem with the spamming of gun firing modes. They had been warned by staff many times to stop, but they choose to ignore it and tried to loop hole the punishments by saying it wasn't a 'server annoyance'. To prevent the loss of braincells and increased chance of migraines, I suggest we make firing mode spamming / repetitive actions that could be seen as annoying slayable or kickable.

Things such as:

- Standing ontop of the T room door barricade on Richburg and spamming the bar to cause the noise.

- Clicking the Glock / Famas

- Slamming props / items into the ground or other objects to make noise.

- Rapidly scoping / unscoping repetitively 

and other things like that are common on the server and people tend to try to loophole to get around them. 

(Technically, since it's not a listed rule that's what a few have been using.)

• Upvote 4

@Felixit is already against the rules in the sense that it violates common courtesy and when someone asks you to stop they should stop, and honestly, it gets annoying and I think warning arent enough for this. Although it is minor, it is still very annoying and personally, for me, after giving a warning a slay should happen. 

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this would fall under rule number 8 of the general rules, which is Common Courtesy. Most of the time though it is overlooked and to be fair, it is quite annoying with all of the Clicking and noise creating. I'd support this rule but I feel like it's way too hard to enforce and carrying out slays or whatever on numerous people and it wouldn't be a fun thing to do for anyone.

But while this whole cricketing thing started by someone I won't name is extremely annoying, it will probably fade out in a week or so.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Flyte
  • Like 1

The threat of it possibly being escalated to a ban seemed to stop it earlier (I explained that after a number of slays with no change in behavior it would no doubt be escalated) and I hope that puts an end to it, but I have a high suspicion that it will start again when no admins are on. Never underestimate a griefer. 

• Like 2

(long post, if you would like a more general answer go to the end, if not please read through the entire post to fully understand my view)

In general, the idea of making a rule against the right clicking of a Glock/Famas would be too specific to be understood and enforced. Making it more general like "Server Disruption" or "Admin Request" would be a better idea. I think we already have a lot of rules that are too hard to find at the moment we have to prove to someone in-game within 5 minutes of their punishment or request and adding more would be too difficult and just overload the staff more than necessary. In DEFY we have a rules page that is as general as "Community Rules", and as specific as "Suspicion After 2 min..." (go to https://defyclan.com/hub/rules/ for the rules) If we were to put a rule buried in CS:GO rules named "Glock/Famas Right Clicking"... who would take it seriously? Even though half the server hasn't actually read the rules. Putting it as a general rule for the community stating "Any request from an admin must be obeyed within reason, or else the necessary actions will be taken in order to keep the server" or something along those lines, that might have some ground in the rules and is a whole lot easier to enforce. This is only a 20-minute idea, so this is not fully developed, though time should be put into the issue due to the complaints and abuse regarding said issues.

2 hours ago, CompletingMyProfile said:

Was this because of the cricketing from yesterday?

It has more to do than the cricketing yesterday.. though that was a big issue. It has to do with the fact that it didn't seem like a big issue, hence the fact that it is not in the rules at the moment, but due to the issue growing, there should be action taken in order to make sure it ceases to continue.

2 hours ago, Ender said:

@Felixit is already against the rules in the sense that it violates common courtesy and when someone asks you to stop they should stop, and honestly, it gets annoying and I think warning arent enough for this. Although it is minor, it is still very annoying and personally, for me, after giving a warning a slay should happen. 

Both Ender and I were dealing with this yesterday and I had dealt with it prior to as well.

There is a growing need for there to be more rules, even if to the extent of, "If an admin requests you to stop an action due to complaints from admins/players, you must comply with their requests, otherwise there will be consequences for your actions."... Or something like that (I have to be honest, that sounds pretty good). I think @Mark is really the one to make the final decision. There are too many factors to take into account for just a simple forum post. More time and effort will have to be put into this for it to really become a rule.

• Like 1

I understand Mark as being the owner of this community, but to be completely fair and transparent he does not spend enough time on the server to really be effective in implementing and staying active with the subtle bullshit TTT players come up with. I think this job should be delegated to the admins and voted on by the admins that actively monitor their designated servers. Thanks just my 2 cents.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@Assassin Well that was more to the point of what I was saying, At the barebones the rule would basically be 'Don't be annoying' at least that's what I was aiming towards. As much as I'd like to agree with everyone saying Rule #8 covers this, the issue is that people like to try and find their way around things even when there is a rule against loop-holes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hexaquan said:

just close your ears

Oh damn, you're right.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Felix said:

Oh damn, you're right.

Well, that would imply then not playing the game correctly, missing out on a KOS and then inevitably doing something wrong. I get the comedic side to it but there is some truth to the fact that the only way to get them to stop at the moment is by just ignoring them until it goes away.

11 hours ago, Felix said:

@Assassin Well that was more to the point of what I was saying, At the barebones the rule would basically be 'Don't be annoying' at least that's what I was aiming towards. As much as I'd like to agree with everyone saying Rule #8 covers this, the issue is that people like to try and find their way around things even when there is a rule against loop-holes.

I realize it was mostly what you were saying, just growing from the idea and adding some personal opinions and views from an admin's view. The more possibilities for resolving this, and the more ways of seeing this problem, the better chance we have at getting to the core of the problem and fixing it.

• Like 1