Dev

Harassment Rules

Question

Any behavior which is considered disrespectful, offensive, racist or otherwise inappropriate should be kept to yourself. Treat other members with respect and dignity.”

All jokes aside, any targeting or harassment can disrupt the experience of the targeted player. You don't know everyone who spends time in the community personally, and you might find something amusing that is personal to another player and might create a negative or hostile environment for that person and possibly others”

”Harrassment or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated.”

While I’m aware the community guidelines point this out, are there any clear rules regarding banning people who are excessively harassing/targeting another player on the server while admins are on? Especially if they have history of it/previous bans? 

I have an issue with two specific players for over a month now and getting them banned previously have apparently only fueled the fire more. Three admins were on to witness and muted them multiple times for me luckily, but said they couldn’t ban just off harrassment alone. So I’m just curious/wanting to make some suggestions if that’s the case.

• Like 2

10 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

They should be banned, especially if they keep doing it. If the admins are too incompetent to do anything on the servers, gather some evidence and make a Player Complaint. That will guarantee CWBs if Potato doesn't forget about it for 2 days after seeing it.

So yes, Harrassment is still very against the rules. If admins haven't been doing anything about it, then they are not doing their job right.

Edited by Dark
  • Upvote 1

They did their best to help me out, I don’t blame them if the rules are unclear and they have to defend their bans per the official rules. But yes, I feel like it should be easier to ban and eventually CWB due to the excessiveness of it and I’m at a point I don’t really want to play anymore.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dev said:

They did their best to help me out, I don’t blame them if the rules are unclear and they have to defend their bans per the official rules. But yes, I feel like it should be easier to ban and eventually CWB due to the excessiveness of it and I’m at a point I don’t really want to play anymore.

We will usually mute / gag and give the person warnings and they'll stop, I've never had anyone push farther than that.

If I were to see it though, if they just constantly refused to stop I would give them a 3 day ban purely based off of rule 8 and 4.

I'm not really sure it needs to be stated in the rules though, if you're going out of your way to harass players then you should be punished.

Edited by Felix
  • Like 1

Under each rule, it should state the available punishment (s) for the rule of it's broken ( Slay-Ban). People who have been previously banned will have their ban extended.

20 minutes ago, Flyte said:

Under each rule, it should state the available punishment (s) for the rule of it's broken ( Slay-Ban). People who have been previously banned will have their ban extended.

Yeah I guess my point is that the harrassment/trolling rule only has muting and gagging punishments listed. I feel it could move under common courtesy when excessive but that seemed to create a hold up because it wasn’t clear. 

12 hours ago, Dev said:

Yeah I guess my point is that the harrassment/trolling rule only has muting and gagging punishments listed. I feel it could move under common courtesy when excessive but that seemed to create a hold up because it wasn’t clear. 

If someone is repeatedly harassing you and you keep asking them to quit, it does fall under common courtesy. Take the Tyrone and Ernie case for example, they kept harassing you and they got banned for it.

I eventually banned for common courtesy as that is more of a blanket ban. With that being said, I agree that trolling/targeting/harassing should have “ban” under the possible punishments.

1 hour ago, Flyte said:

If someone is repeatedly harassing you and you keep asking them to quit, it does fall under common courtesy. Take the Tyrone and Ernie case for example, they kept harassing you and they got banned for it.

Again, I understand what you’re saying, but it took almost an hour and six different gags to get to that point, and actually Ernie got banned for RDM. I was just using this opportunity for clarification, and as Josh stated, suggest “kick to ban” be added under official punishments for harrassment. 

2 hours ago, Dev said:

Again, I understand what you’re saying, but it took almost an hour and six different gags to get to that point, and actually Ernie got banned for RDM. I was just using this opportunity for clarification, and as Josh stated, suggest “kick to ban” be added under official punishments for harrassment. 

I feel like that makes a bit more sense, there's a difference between harassing and fucking around. So I mean I'd support the kick / ban punishments.

I have added Ban as a punishment to the Trolling/Harassing rules as it does make sense that if after following the normal mutes/gags if it continues it definitely should lead to a ban.

• Like 2