dad

ADD Kevlar to all players or make it available and cheaper for innos

Posted (edited)

To start this with a simple question:

How many of us have genuinely bought kevlar + helmet for 80 credits and for how many times when we were Detectives or Traitors? - I could probably remember all the times when I bought it, with all the hours that I’ve spent playing TTT.

Better way to put it, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU GUYS KILLED A TRAITOR/DETECTIVE WHO YOU HAD TO DINK IN THE HEAD AND HEAR THE HELMET NOISE???!!

1. First of all 80 credits is 20 away from the 100 heavy, so why not spend 20 more credits to become 10x more unkillable, while sacrificing the 99% of the time irrelevant movement speed. 

️80 is too expensive, it never gets bought

2. Players who can actually aim in the game have no edge. Have you ever had a silver run up to your face with an smg, while you are slower than them holding a rifle, resulting in you dying 99% of the time. The fact of the matter is if someone wants to kill you, they can do it before you have a fair chance of shooting them back, no matter what rank you are.

️ Making Kevlar cheaper or default for innos can give good players a fair chance.

3. This is a big one.

If all innos are going to be harder to kill, then traitors will have to think of better ways of getting kills, that being: better positioning, going in T room, using poison smokes, hurt stations, silent awps, trip mines, doing more than 3 silent m4a1-s shots in the back or 4 smg bullets. That being said, yes there will always be people who delay, no matter how hard or easy it is to kill innos. But isn’t anyone sick of the fact that if you meet a traitor face to face around the corner, then you just get smg sprayed before you even have a chance to fire a bullet, not even talking about calling a KOS???!!

I believe that traitor rounds should be more than death match rounds where the bad guy gets to shoot first.

️ Making Kevlar default or more accessible, will make the game more interesting for traitors and more fair for innos.

4. Majority of the players hate being an innocent, due to it not having a special role and being fragile to T’s, causing players to lurk around the map and hide more than they need to be. Well, making Kevlar default or more cheaper can make innos more “special”, decreasing the amount of campers/hiders/lurkers and also just letting people enjoy their other rounds apart from the ones where they are T.

Food for thought, how many players on the server enjoy being innocent or detective more than being T, other than me I see Krim and Henk buy detective here and there, but other than that everyone else can’t wait till they reach 250 credits. TTT is based on figuring out who the traitor is, it’s what makes the game fun, fact of the matter is no one enjoys doing that, because innos are too weak and are no where near as stacked as traitors are. Also, let me remind you that 75% of the game is players being inno.

️ Making Kevlar default or cheaper for innos can allow players to enjoy the whole concept of TTT ( that being figuring out who the traitors are ) way better. In general improve 75% of their game and hopefully make Traitor rounds feel like bonus rounds, instead of, “Oh I can’t wait till I can be a traitor/Oh I can’t wait till I can buy”

At the end of day kevlar isn’t even in the shop for innos.

It really feels like this isn’t all I had to say, but it’s late at night so I know for sure I have forgot to add some points.

Can we actually get some votes on this post, not the usual dad posted it, so I have to thumbs down, but genuinely vote on whether this can be added. Also, for those who aren’t members just to comment on whether you agree or disagree.

Edited by dad
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

I agree with it being available in the shop, and disagree with it being default.

Ideally it (Kevlar) should be cheaper for traitors, as the detective has multiple people targeting them, whereas the traitor is aware and able to get the upper hand on everyone.

it being cheaper than 80 is something I agree with too, something like 50 sounds reasonable to me

• Like 1

I agree to have Kevlar accessible to innos in the shop that is,  which will balance the game more  than how it is now since, Traitors got the advantage for heavy and kevlar and you fuckin don't , The Kevlar  amount should definitely be 50 credits  for everyone unless you know you have the ability to have kevlar+Helm then it should be more expensive But thats just me, Can't have a yin without a Yang 

Posted (edited)

I feel like kelvar as an extra item in the shop just takes up space. And I also think it shouldnt be default. Instead, just have the price of kelvar and helm reduced down to 50. And even tho most items are cheaper with VIP, I wouldnt even do that. Unless, Mark wants to make more people buy VIP.   ; )

Edited by Weeb
  • Like 1

I feel that giving innocents Kevlar at all can really mess up the traitors, the point of being a traitor is getting kills quickly and either moving on to the next target or running to avoid detection, either way this takes too long to do if innocents have Kevlar.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Nydekore said:

I feel that giving innocents Kevlar at all can really mess up the traitors, the point of being a traitor is getting kills quickly and either moving on to the next target or running to avoid detection, either way this takes too long to do if innocents have Kevlar.

Im so used to the time to kill with all weapons and I know how how long to shoot for, and then run. Having it default would be a true fuckeroo because im pretty sure i wouldnt be the only one.

Posted (edited)

The thing about the innos spawning without kevlar is it makes all the guns viable, like if everyone had a vest and a helmet nobody would use the smgs because the TTK is too low, it should be in the shop I suppose but I would keep it at 80 for innos. As for T and D I buy kevlar all the time personally, makes you a little harder to kill but doesn't put you in a instant KOS situation like heavy does. And touching on the factor of skill I see this as a non issue, its TTT not comp for a reason, and I'm sure if you ask anyone who was actually good at the game (I.E Silencer) they had problems slaughtering everyone if they really wanted to. If anything maybe a price reductions for Ts and Ds but other than that i feel like kevlar is fine where it is.

Edited by Brock
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ItzGray said:

I disagree.

This has got to be the most constructive criticism I’ve ever seen

• Upvote 2

For real though, back in the day VIP's had kevlar and helmet and it was so hard to play against it and it doesnt benefit less skilled players and makes sure people dont have as much fun. You would have to double dink with almost every weapon and makes it harder to chain kills together. Overall, maybe kevlar lowered to 30 and helmet to 15 kredits it would not be as bad and make it a viable buy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

no kev for innos please. i like using a usps to one tap everyone

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hexaquan said:

no kev for innos please. i like using a usps to one tap everyone

I never said Kevlar + helmet, just Kevlar so it still rewards players who aim for the head and makes you harder to kill for people who spray smg as soon as they see you or Kevlar will just give you time to react when you are getting sprayed with an m4a1-s.

Edited by dad
  • Like 1

And for all of those who are disagreeing.

Very small amount of innos are going to be armoured per round, due to the majority saving their credits for their T round and the Kevlar isn’t going to make that much of a difference. So, it’s not going to ruin your T round if you are gonna have to face 1-2 innos with kevlar, because headshots are still gonna be a 1 shot and the m4 will require 4-5 shots instead of 3, while the ak will remain the same at 3 shots.

Either way, I feel that we should atleast give it a try, because we can always go back to the old way of playing.

I don’t believe that giving innos a slight advantage will be game breaking, it will only make 75% of our game more enjoyable.

Also, I believe the price of the Kevlar should be 30, since it is an alternative of a health shot.

You can take an equal amount of damage by popping a health shot after you got shot at, or just by purchasing Kevlar in the first place.

- You may die before you will have a chance to use the health shot, so Kevlar can help you survive the fight.

But.

- Kevlar is useless against poison smokes, hurt stations and fall damage, so a health shot will help you get your HP back.

What I am trying to get at is that if Kevlar will get added in shop for innos, then the price of it should be equal or close to equal of the price of a health shot.

Posted (edited)

I say keep things as they are 

But if it is added keep the pricing at 80, Innos really have zero need for armor and if it was indeed cheep everyone would buy it and then T's would rarely ever win at this point. As somone already pointed out the Innos are the way they are so they can die rapidly, we are mostly cannon fodder. The game already is nearly perfectly balanced this is somthin I think we should just leave as is but that's just my take on it. 

Edited by Tiger
  • Upvote 1

TTT has rhythm behind it, and I’m more for removing Kevlar all together than making it cheaper, innocents are meant to be expendable in a lot of situations because there’s a lot more of them m, making them hard to kill just extends the game. I also believe that if we gave Kevlar to innocents that they’d all buy it regularly, not everyone’s constantly saving for another traitor round. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2019 at 1:29 AM, dad said:

I never said Kevlar + helmet, just Kevlar so it still rewards players who aim for the head and makes you harder to kill for people who spray smg as soon as they see you or Kevlar will just give you time to react when you are getting sprayed with an m4a1-s.

this is good

On 8/15/2019 at 3:42 AM, dad said:

And for all of those who are disagreeing.

Very small amount of innos are going to be armoured per round, due to the majority saving their credits for their T round and the Kevlar isn’t going to make that much of a difference. So, it’s not going to ruin your T round if you are gonna have to face 1-2 innos with kevlar, because headshots are still gonna be a 1 shot and the m4 will require 4-5 shots instead of 3, while the ak will remain the same at 3 shots.

Either way, I feel that we should atleast give it a try, because we can always go back to the old way of playing.

I don’t believe that giving innos a slight advantage will be game breaking, it will only make 75% of our game more enjoyable.

its still makes the time to kill longer, so no.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ItzGray said:

its still makes the time to kill longer, so no.

Gray? Being smart???? Wack

• Sad 1