Garb

false banned on my main account

so on the day before I got banned I was playing comp on my main and got comp banned, the next day my friends were  on TTT so i went on an alt to ask if my friends on the server wanted to play comp and they said after this map, so after the map i got Ip banned for alting even though my main didn't do anything. I'm fine if my alt is banned but it isn't fair if my main is also banned

although alting is a punishable offence, I can vouch for Garb that he was indeed banned yesterday for 7 days for leaving comp w/ bowie, eddie, killen and me.  It is clear he did not intend to do anything harmful besides merely asking his friends to play comp.

3 hours ago, Garb said:

I'm fine if my alt is banned but it isn't fair if my main is also banned

Did you even read the rules??? You likely did not read the rules or you looked through them fast. If I am being honest at this moment I don't even feel bad that you got banned.

Under General Rules 18. Alt Accounts it states the following "Using an alt account on our servers is prohibited. One account per player. If you are caught using an alt account you will be permanently banned on all your accounts." (https://defyclan.com/hub/rules/csgo-rules/)

Every new account that joins our server is forced to read the rules. We even include a reminder not to use alt accounts in that same message. In the odd chance you did not read the rules you would at least see the message and realize that you should not be playing on that account.

Please Login or Register to view this.

3 hours ago, Bluezyy said:

It is clear he did not intend to do anything harmful besides merely asking his friends to play comp.

While I understand the intent may not have been to cause harm, intentionally break server rules or hack like many folks do on alt accounts.

How can someone not be aware of our rules about alt account?

1. When you join the server for the very first time you should see the same thing as the screenshot above. Opportunity #1 to be informed.
  2. Once you read the above you would then click "server website" and be on our rules page. Opportunity #2 to be informed.
  3. If you play at least one full map on our server, I am sure you have seen the advert "Joining our server on an alt account will result in a perma ban on all your accounts." Opportunity #3 to be informed.
  4. Finally if you happen to miss all 3 opportunities above maybe just maybe when you join on your alt account you will read the message above and disconnect and switch to your main account.

In conclusion when someone says its not fair or why am I banned for using an alt I really just scratch my head and wonder how on earth did you miss all these warnings. 

• Upvote 1

Some people got unbanned even though they used a alt, I don't think garb should be permed for that either. Just saying.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I am fully aware of the rules, but I don't think going on an alt just to ask if my friends wanted to join me to play comp is something that I should be banned for on my main. If I was using my alt to grind for tokens or what not then being perma ip banned is pretty reasonable, but i have no tokens on my alt or done anything that could affect the server in a negative way....

I recommend putting more care into how you title your threads. You agree and admit that the ban was not false. You think it is unfair and should be removed.

I think the best course of action would be to create a ban appeal and allow the staff to handle it.

Edited by MSWS

I mean if we are going to enforce these rules, And yet unban others for being on Alt accounts and not other folks.......everyone else should have the opportunity to be unbanned like other members in this community who been banned for this.

IF not then "said" members of defy should have stayed banned if we are not willing to unban other folks for this mistake. 

I personally am all for keeping folks banned who use alts. But that's just my take the rule is there for a reason and if people just click accept to play on the server and not read the rules....well that's on them for being lazy.

Edited by Tiger