Izugoat

I feel like we need more admins or more punishment on mic spam

On many nights on TTT i have seen a problem of insane mic spam that gives a ton of players headaches and hard to actually play the game and these people usually go unpunished it would be great if we could crack down on this

• Upvote 3

I was there during this. I try to stay as on top of it as possible without trying to suck the fun out of the game. Another issue is that its definitely hard to see who is actually doing it at times. When there are 22 people in a game and 11 or 12 are talking at the beginning of the round (it happens pretty much every round) it's hard to tell.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Josh said:

I was there during this. I try to stay as on top of it as possible without trying to suck the fun out of the game. Another issue is that its definitely hard to see who is actually doing it at times. When there are 22 people in a game and 11 or 12 are talking at the beginning of the round (it happens pretty much every round) it's hard to tell.

Yeah I understand completely how hard it can be to deal with stuff like that lol

I personally think that DEFY is way too lenient when it comes to warnings and punishments. Every single mute/gag I've seen has been 15 minutes, no matter the context or amount of previous offenses (even within the same day). The only time when oH nO YoU cAnT dO ThaT comes into play is with the N word, which somehow is a ban [Why is it a ban!?]. (Which, again, is ridiculous, as you can say literally anything else and get away with it).

I came here to say what Josh said. I literally can’t tell who is spamming what when everyone is talking/flooding their mics at once so my hands are tied because I don’t want to mute the wrong person. Trust me, I want to mute and stop the mic spam

Edited by Dev

1 hour ago, MSWS said:

I personally think that DEFY is way too lenient when it comes to warnings and punishments. Every single mute/gag I've seen has been 15 minutes, no matter the context or amount of previous offenses (even within the same day). The only time when oH nO YoU cAnT dO ThaT comes into play is with the N word, which somehow is a ban [Why is it a ban!?]. (Which, again, is ridiculous, as you can say literally anything else and get away with it).

Muted go up in intervals like bans, but we rarely check if someone has recently had a mute and update it because so many get logged throughout the day and by the time you find their history it’s not even worth it

The length of bans and or mutes should be up to the admins discretion in my opinion, incremental bans are fine for player complaints where it's just clips and admins are not in game but if an admin is in game and they can obviously tell what the intention of the player is it should be up to them at least to an extent. Like if someone is micspamming explatives targeted at someone and you mute them for 15 mins do you really think it's gonna stop them? By the time you get to a a significant mute time they gave already done it multiple times and caused more problems than they are worth. 

I might be reaching a little with this, but I do feel like it would significantly help the server.

14 hours ago, MSWS said:

Stitch Has 38 Comm mute's.

Bluezy has 19 comm mute's.

The thing about comm mute's is that they literally do fuck all. "Ima mute you for saying the N word" I'll just be back tomorrow, and agian, and agian. There's no Punishment for it at all, thats why no-one is afraid to get muted, I got muted for 15 minute's,30,60. It just reset's the next fucking day anyway with no punishment. I'm using Stitch and Bluezy as Example's. Ton's of mutes but it literally doesn't mean anything. If the system for muting people/punishing people never get's fixed, the mic spam won't either. Kind of hard to threaten someone to stop mic spamming when there's basically no punishment and they've been through this multiple time's without giving a fuck. Flawed system that won't get fixed, so mic spam won't either until then.

• Upvote 4