HummingBirdTemp

Ripperino me and Donnie

im with you, i dont agree with the new punishment system either but its how it is

• Upvote 3

I mean I spam a bind full of arabic text which was accidental didn't spam it with any intent, warning , somewhat fair, say fuck vb 5 times in a row, (because i hate that voicebattery system) im banned for 3 days? I play this server a decent amount and anyone who has been somewhat actively playing is aware of me, just seems this system has no certain standards.

I think punishments are way too harsh for something so little, but what do I know, i'm just a member. Also, the bind that clears chat, I don't really know how thats spam because in the rules it says saying the same things 3 or more times is spam? idk.

Edited by ItzGray

1 hour ago, HummingBirdTemp said:

I mean I spam a bind full of arabic text which was accidental didn't spam it with any intent, warning , somewhat fair, say fuck vb 5 times in a row, (because i hate that voicebattery system) im banned for 3 days? I play this server a decent amount and anyone who has been somewhat actively playing is aware of me, just seems this system has no certain standards.

I agree that the punishment system escalates extremely quickly.

However, your punishment was justified due to it having standards. Breaking a rule on accident still counts as breaking a rule, and saying fuck vb five times is also (still) spam. The rules and punishment system don't care who does it or their reputation, it cares if they break a rule and punishes them according to that. 

53 minutes ago, ItzGray said:

I think punishments are way too harsh for something so little, but what do I know, i'm just a member. Also, the bind that clears chat, I don't really know how thats spam because in the rules it says saying the same things 3 or more times is spam? idk.

As previously stated, yes, I agree the system is severe.

The reason the bind is spam is because logically if you send the same message 3 times (let's say "fuck fb") that takes up 3 lines, but the arabic bind takes up nearly 5 lines of chat, so it's fair (in my opinion) that it would count as 5 messages. It's also intended to exploit a bug in CS:GO and clear the chat, it certainly does interfere with the ability to see and communicate via chat.

At the end of the day, the punishment system ensure that people are aware of the rules before they're banned. All bans that occured today were legitimate, and everyone here knows the rules. Everyone on here were given a very lenient and generous amount of previous verbal warnings prior to actual punishment, which wasn't even necessary. 

Lastly, if you believe you should be unbanned you can always appeal it. [Link]

Edited by MSWS