saltlord

y does everyone use dot crosshair

Posted (edited)

I've noticed a lot of ppl on this server use the dot crosshair. The number of ppl has gone down since last month but i still see a lot of ppl using it. So its time to educate u nerds. The dot crosshair, is actual TURBO SHIT.  Because your resolution is an even number, and the dot crosshair has a thickness of 1, The middle of your crosshair isn't the same as the middle of the screen. Csgo HAS to choose a pixel where your bullet will REALLY land, and that pixel happens to be the bottom right pixel from the middle of your crosshair. SO THE MIDDLE OF YOUR CROSSHAIR ISNT THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN, ITS ONE PIXEL OFF. THIS MEANS THE BULLET ISNT GOING TO THE MIDDLE OF YOUR CROSSHAIR, BUT THE PIXEL TO THE RIGHT AND DOWN OF YOUR CROSSHAIR. While this isn't very significant to most crosshairs, the dot crosshair can be impacted dramatically because if its thickness. *pant *pant just gid gud lol and stop using dot crosshairs

Edited by saltlord

Why even use a crosshair at all? I know I don’t.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mega said:

Why even use a crosshair at all? I know I don’t.

thats the pro gamer way. this is just for all the nerds who still use crosshairs

If your main gripe against it is that it’s one pixel off, it doesn’t really affect gameplay at all. Infact, this still applies to all other crosshairs, I’m not entirely sure where your logic is hereZ

Posted (edited)

when your crosshair is 1x1 the bullet isnt even going to go somewhere within your crosshair whereas on another crosshair with a thickness of 2, you're crosshair is in the right place. while this doesnt affect gameplay significantly in mm, defy has some pretty large maps where being 1 pixel off could change a round. you should be using a crosshair that isnt misaligned for them juan deag moments

Edited by saltlord